The EGC blog is a lifestyle and personal development blog, focused on helping women writers and artists gain the skills and confidence they need to start making an impact with their work.
I blog about art and culture, art as a mental health and wellbeing practice, and (sometimes) the business of selling art.
Here’s what I believe about art and business.
- Start where you are and own it. Share your journey. You don’t need to be the most technically skilled artist or writer on the block to make a difference.
- It’s okay to go slowly when building a business. You don’t have to have everything figured out before you start. You don’t have to go into debt to get off the ground.
- You don’t have to spend years writing the same first draft
- You don’t have to flounder around on Facebook groups listening to a hundred voices tell you want you should/shouldn’t do in your art or business.
- You don’t have starve or bust your ass for speaking engagements where no one shows up.
I’ve been blogging and selling products on the internet since the early 2000s. I’ve seen the internet and ecommerce change and adapt to new technology. I’ve been on every blogging platform and website builder all the way back to AOL homepages. (Bonus points if you know what those are.)
My blog is full of straight up, no nonsense tips and guidance on systems, strategy and mindset that will help you get your art to the people who need it most.